Friday, January 21, 2011

In The Thick Of Things....

From the few screenwriting books I've read, it's important at the beginning of a story to drop the audience right in the middle of the action.

That's where I am, now-- smack in the middle -- working on the art work for my new series, "Primary, Black and White."

I've been doing the tedious work of arranging the "word glyphs" that will form the complete images I am creating for the Art Expo New York 2011, an art fair in which I'll be participating from March 25 - 27 at Pier 94 in New York City.

I am creating nine images, each at the size of twenty by twenty-four inches wide and tall, respectively. These images will be hung in the five feet by ten feet booth which I will occupy, at the Fair.

Booth 189, to be exact. I'm quite thrilled and quite nervous, as well.

There are many administrative tasks to accomplish, along with making the art, but for now, I'd have it no other way. Who is to say that all of the activities surrounding the art practice cannot be subsumed into and considered a part of the practice, itself?

1 comment:

  1. Aritsts, these days, have to run the "show" almost entirely on their own. We're not talking about painting for annual salon, anymore. An artist has to be multi-faceted and EVERYTHING you do is a part of your art practice, most definitely!

    ReplyDelete